Transport Development and Solutions Alliance
Who is TDSA
We are a Queensland statewide, non-profit, Community-based organisation committed to supporting and facilitating a collaborative response to improved transport access.
Why does TDSA exist
Transport is a fundamental need of all people. And yet, in every community, there are individuals and groups whose quality of life is diminished because they cannot access suitable and affordable alternatives to the private motor vehicle and mainstream public transport.
Developing and implementing sustainable transport solutions at the local or community level is essential to closing the gaps in the transport system that give rise to this situation.
To successfully work on solutions to unmet transport needs in a community requires access and support from others who have the knowledge, skills and most importantly, experience in doing this work, TDSA can be that support to you.
We will work collaboratively and respectfully, valuing diversity of opinion and experience, in ways that are credible, professional and effective.
To facilitate access to transport that meets the individual’s and community’s needs thereby enhancing the quality of life.
What TDSA can offer you
TDSA through its broad-ranging expertise can provide the following services.
The following types of services are provided on a fee-for-service basis:
• Facilitating community workshops, focus groups and solutions-focused sessions
• Community-based transport planning
• Tailored transport solutions specific to your community, situation or agency
• One-to-one work; professional supervision, coaching and mentoring
• Project evaluation and/or program reviews Support
• Distribution of a monthly email bulletin
• Network meetings every 4 months in Brisbane
• Access to existing tools, resources and reports
• Bi-annual community-based transport conference
• Conducting research on issues related to community-based transport
• Lobbying on behalf of communities and community transport sector
• Editorial advice and expertise
• Pilots trials of transport solutions
• Developing manuals, how to guides and resources
President: Jenny Leigh on (07) 3849 4193
PO BOX 489 Lawnton Qld 4501
For further information click here for TDSA’s website.