We manage several community centres that are owned by Moreton Bay Regional Council.
These centres provide space that enable community to meet, interact, build relationships, organise and carry out enjoyable, educational and cultural activities.
All venues are wheelchair accessible, low cost and have various spaces from large halls to small meeting rooms at various locations across the region.
Venues are suitable for weddings, family parties, club functions, dancing, playgroup, arts and craft activities – the list is endless.
For other venues owned by Council visit;
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I view the hall before I make my booking?
Yes, we try to encourage hirers to view when another hirer is using the venue. Visits must not impact the current hirer and must be kept to a minimum. Any questions must be raised with the Bookings Co-ordinator. If you would like a more in depth visit, please call our offices to arrange a mutually convenient time.
2. I booked from 5pm but what time can I actually get in to the venue?
You can only access the venue from the time you have actually booked from, this includes set up time. If you wish to get into the venue earlier, you must book the time with the Bookings Co-ordinator.
3. Is there cleaning equipment at the venue?
Yes, all basic equipment such as mops, brooms etc are in the venue. We also supply washing up liquid and tea towels.
4. When my function finishes, can I stay on to clean up?
Yes, we will allow a small amount of people to stay on for cleaning up purposes?
5. Am I expected to clean the toilets?
The venue must be left in the state that it was found in, if there is a mess in the toilets or someone has vomited, this is your responsibility.
6. Do you have anyone that will clean up after my function?
Yes, we can organise a clean up of event. The cost of this is $200 for Narangba Community Centre and $100 for all other venues. Just let the Booking Co-ordinator know when making the booking.
7. Is there a fully functional kitchen at the venue?
Yes, complete with stove, microwave, fridge and at our larger venues a dishwasher.
8. Does the hire charge include tables, chairs and crockery?
9. Is there a PA system and what is the charge?
There is only a PA system at Albany Creek and Narangba, there is no charge?
10. What happens if I break something during my function?
You would need to inform us when you hand the keys back, depending upon the nature of the accident, we would discuss and agree action. Any costs involved may be taken from your bond.
11. What happens if I do not tell you about something that has been broken during my function?
The cleaner of the venue would inform us immediately and we would contact you to discuss. Any costs involved may be taken from your bond.
12. If I supply my credit card details as a hold on the bond, do you take the money and re-imburse after the function? No, if indicated on the Booking Form, no monies will be taken from your credit card.
13. If there is a problem with the function and you need to take money from my bond, would you notify me?
Yes, we would not take any money from your bond unless previously discussed with yourself.
14. When can I collect the key?
The key will be ready for collection the Friday before the event, the Bookings Co-ordinator will email / call you to let you know when they are ready.
15. When do I have to bring they keys back?
They will need to be returned within a few days of the hire.
16. Where do I bring the keys back ?
You need to take them back to the venue you collected them, if the venue is closed please drop them in the key slot provided.
17. Do you need by booking form back?
Yes, please check and sign and return to the Booking Co-ordinator as soon as possible.
18. When do I need to pay the deposit?
A $50 deposit is required within 14 days of making the booking.
19. When do I need to pay the remainder of the hire charge?
The balance must be paid 14 days before the function.
20. Will I lose my deposit if I cancel?
If seven days notice given, you will receive a full refund. Anytime after that is at the discretion of the Bookings Co-ordinator.